The mission of the York County School Division is to engage all students in acquiring the skills and knowledge needed to make productive contributions in the world.
- York County students will consistently demonstrate growth and excellence in the skills and knowledge needed to be productive citizens.
- The York County School Division will engage all students in rigorous educational experiences.
- The York County School Division will recruit, hire, retain and support a diverse staff that meets our highest standards.
- The York County School Division will foster effective partnerships with families and our community and promote positive relationships between and among staff, students and families.
- The York County School Division will maintain efficient, effective, service-oriented operations that support student achievement in safe, secure environments.
- Student achievement and continuous student growth are the core priorities of our school division.
- Excellence is characterized by a caring, involved and dedicated school community that exceeds expectations and strives to make our schools even better.
- Student achievement is excelling academically to one's highest potential.
- Achievement is more than performance on standardized tests.
- Educational experiences should be designed to engage students in making contributions as productive citizens.
- Division employees must be committed to motivating all students to achieve positive learning outcomes.
- Family and community involvement are essential to our mission.
- Recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse staff are paramount to the success of our students.
- Students should use technology to improve and maximize the impact of their work.
- Data should be used to inform and adjust instruction and decision making.
- Student wellness supports student success.
- Students learn best in safe and secure environments.