- Out of My Mind is a chapter book that I read aloud to my upper elementary students. It is about a girl named Melody that has an amazing memory. She is extremely bright, but is unable to communicate verbally. She was born with cerebral palsy which affected her speech and her ability to move and function without the use of a wheelchair and communication board. She is very limited in what she can express and do, and for that reason, people treat her as if she is not smart or capable of learning.
- Algorithms and Programming, Impacts of Computing, STEM/STEAM, Fiction, Communication Skills, Developmental Support
- Upper Primary, Middle School
- Material Type:
- Interactive, Lesson Plan, Reading
- Susan Lowman
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Interactive
No evaluations yet.