- This module is designed to guide students in better understanding what electricity is and how it works by investigating electrical circuits. The teacher will facilitate students' explorations as they use scientific terms to generate a summary of their experiences. Throughout this unit, students will be guided in using practical materials such as wires, batteries, switches and light bulbs to better understand how electricity behaves in open and closed circuits. This module was developed by Stephanie Hooks as part of a Virginiga Commonwealth Universtiy STEM initiative sponsored by the Virginia Department of Education.
- STEM/STEAM, Science, Force/Motion/Energy
- Upper Primary
- Grade 5
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- VCU STEM Project 3, VCU STEM Project 1, VCU STEM Project 2
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.