- This module is designed to guide students in better understanding light. The students will also understand how light travels and interacts with other materials. The teacher will facilitate students' explorations as they generate a summary of their experiences. Throughout this unit, students will be guided in using practical materials such everyday items found in their classroom and light energy produced by flashlightThe goal of this module is for students to explore light and to better understand how it behaves. This module has been designed for 5th grade students or students who are developmentally ready to explore light. This module could also be used as a review for students in upper grades who need to build their fundamental understanding. This module was developed by Sarah Donnelly, Stephanie Hooks & Karin Kaerwer as part of a Virginia Commonwealth University STEM initiative sponsored by the Virginia Department of Education.
- STEM/STEAM, Force/Motion/Energy
- Upper Primary, Middle School
- Material Type:
- VCU STEM Project 1
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.