- Students will construct a simple electromagnet using a dry cell, wire, nail, or other object containing iron (5.4 e), plan and conduct an investigation to determine the strength of an electromagnet (5.4 e), and define a problem and design a solution that uses an electromagnet; demonstrate and explain how the electromagnet works (5.4 e). After the completion of this module students will understand how to construct an electromagnet and explain how one works. This module was developed by Sarah Donnelly as part of a Virginia Commonwealth University STEM initiative sponsored by the Virginia Department of Education.
- STEM/STEAM, Science, Force/Motion/Energy
- Upper Primary
- Grade 5
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- VCU STEM Project 3, VCU STEM Project 1, VCU STEM Project 2
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.