- Learn how enslaved African Americans in Richmond, Virginia, established what a historian in this clip calls “quasi-free communities, where they etched out lives for themselves, that paved the way forward.” This resource is part of the How the Monuments Came Down collection.
- History/Social Sciences, American History, Virginia History
- Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Primary Source, Teaching/Learning Strategy, Visual Media
- Trish Reed
- Provider Set:
- How the Monuments Came Down
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.