- Learn how a mayoral commission attempted to reckon with Confederate monuments in Richmond, Virginia—and how political scandal and electoral change helped reshape the city’s statuary landscape. Note to Teachers:Some of these video clips include depictions of blackface; in an effort to provide authentic and transparent resources about the historical experiences of Black Americans, these moments were not censored. Sensitive: This resource contains material that may be sensitive for some students. Teachers should exercise discretion in evaluating whether this resource is suitable for their class.
- History/Social Sciences, American History, Virginia History
- Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lesson, Primary Source, Teaching/Learning Strategy, Visual Media
- Trish Reed
- Provider Set:
- How the Monuments Came Down
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.