- Students will answer the question: Did the American Dream come true for immigrants who came to New York? Students will analyze primary and secondary sources, synthesize new information, and answer the compelling question using evidence from the lesson. Students will use interactive simulations, videos, secondary sources, and primary sources as they engage in supporting questions throughout the lesson. By the end of the lesson, students will be able to explain why immigrants chose to emigrate to America, describe the process at Ellis Island, describe life in New York tenements, and explain how immigrants helped shape New York culture.This lesson is adapted from the Immigration Inquiry designed by C3Teachers.org: http://www.c3teachers.org/inquiries/immigration/
- History/Social Sciences, American History
- Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Amy Gaulton
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Audio, Graphics/Photos, Interactive, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.