- Trish Reed
- History/Social Sciences, American History, Virginia History
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lesson, Primary Source, Teaching/Learning Strategy, Visual Media
- Middle School, High School
- Provider Set:
- How the Monuments Came Down
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Formats:
09: Interstate 95 and the Destruction of Jackson Ward | How the Monuments Came Down
Learn about Jackson Ward, a historic African American neighborhood in Richmond, Virginia, and why white city leaders supported the construction of an interstate highway through its center in the 1950s.
Interstate 95 and the Destruction of Jackson Ward Video
This video is copyrighted and may not be edited. However, the Curriculum Guide attached below is CC-BY-NC, and may adapted as you need.